[Xastir] I just joined the list today

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Sep 11 13:02:22 EDT 2004

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Johnny wrote:

> The Xastir ver 1.0.0 installed thats is one that
> Debian offered to install

1.0.0 is VERY old.  Did you install that from a binary or from
sources?

You need to do one of these two things:

1) Download one of the "stable" or "development" packages from
www.xastir.org.  These are in source format, so you'll need to
compile them before you can run them.

-or-

2) Set up CVS so that you can keep up-to-date on Xastir.  This way
you can type "cvs update" anytime after your initial setup and get
the very latest Xastir patches installed, then compile/install the
binary.

You'll also have to either remove the directory ~/.xastir and let
the new Xastir create them all from scratch, or you'll have to run
the two migration scripts that are in xastir/scripts in order to
convert the old Xastir config files to new ones.

> I tried Map Pointer and all I get is 404 Not Found

Sorry about that.  That site is going through some changes.  Try
this link instead, which works at present.  If this is a permanent
change (don't know yet) we'll change the link on the Xastir home
page to correspond:

    http://wiki.findewe.com/nwaprs/XastirMaps

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com