[Xastir] Message ACK question

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Sep 11 14:44:32 EDT 2004

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Jason Hitesman wrote:

> Also - one clarification on the pop-ups that annoy me.  If for example I
> do a ?APRSD? query or a path query to a local station and their reply
> gets digi'd so I hear it twice then even if the previous window is still
> open I get a second window with the same stuff.  It gets really bad if
> the reply gets digi'd more than once or relayed as well and suddenly I
> can have a dozen windows open from a query that gave a one line reply :(

I don't use that feature, so didn't notice that or get annoyed by
it.  It's possible that we could add code later to check whether the
response was in our local database (and recent) before bringing up
the popup.  Add it to the feature request list.

> Oh and all the stations I've been messaging that have said they're not
> hearing my ACK's are running UI FWIW.

It's possible that UI-View didn't implement the REPLY-ACK protocol
and so isn't understanding our format for ack's...  Might be a while
before UI-View gets tweaked though, as the author (Roger Barker)
passed away two days ago.

It's also possible that we're not properly detecting the lack of
REPLY-ACK support on the other end and changing our ACK format to
match.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer