[Xastir] Imagemagick 6 and tiger maps

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Sun Sep 12 13:59:10 EDT 2004

On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 11:47:27AM -0700, Curt Mills wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Bob Nielsen wrote:
>
> > I hadn't fiddled with xastir in several months, so did a CVS update and
> > compile.  Now online tiger maps no longer will display.  I noticed that
> > my system (Libranet 2.8.1 plus some native Debian, regularly updated)
> > now has version 6.0.5.2 of libmagick-dev and wondered if the
> > Imagemagick folks had made another incompatible change?
>
> Did you get that solved?

Not yet.  I thought I would try an older version of Imagemagick.  I
can't install the Debian package because of dependency problems, so I
intend to build one from scratch using Debian package-building
capabilities.  I have been busy with some other things, so haven't tried
that yet, but I will report back as soon as I get to the task.

When I build it with version 6.0.5.2, it connects to the tiger server
and I see there is a download, but it never gets loaded by xastir.

Bob, N7XY