[Xastir] Re: Voice/audio

n9jca at sigecom.net n9jca at sigecom.net
Sun Sep 12 16:56:38 EDT 2004

If you have Festival [it comes pre installed on SuSe 9.1]
try this, go to the Menu and click on Run Command type in
festival_server &; do this for the same for Xastir. When you
want to start Xastir with Festival make sure you start
Festival 1st then start Xastir, you can then add what ever
sounds you want from the config dialogue I have found that
the "Band Opening" sound is for letting you know when a DX
station is heard. I.E. Station ***9** heard 1000 miles

N9JCA Chris Matthews
T.A.W.G. IND55  Evansville Indiana I-GATE "N9JCA"