[Xastir] Adding offline maps?

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Mon Sep 13 07:27:49 EDT 2004

On Sep 12, 2004, at 10:24 PM, Steven May wrote:

> If I am to copy the files to the maps directory I have the problem of
> an error message saying permission denied.

The /usr/share/xastir/maps directory probably isn't owned by you.  Try
copying the files as root:

sudo cp mapfiles /usr/local/share/xastir/maps

You'll have to do this every time you wish to add or remove maps.

Alternatively, since you may be changing things quite a bit, make
yourself the owner of the xastir tree:

sudo chown -R myusername /usr/local/share/xastir

You shouldn't see "permission denied" after that.

-Jason
kg4wsv