[Xastir] Igate operation

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Sep 13 13:13:53 EDT 2004

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Tim Gimmel wrote:

> I've been thinking about this, (usually a bad thing) and I was wondering
> why there are 3 locations to turn on/off IGating: Config->Defaults, and
> the 2 (or more) interfaces.  Seems like the options in the interfaces
> would do just fine.

So that you can turn it on/off globally (Config->Defaults), then
also have control over individual ports.  You may want to igate
things from VHF to the INET, but not HF for instance.  You may have
a radio channel that you're using for a special event that you don't
want to get to INET, but you do wish to watch on your map display.

> Curt you have me in a pickle.  You mention NWS feeds and I have been all
> over the docs and can't find anything, your gonna have to give me a
> hint.

Should be in the online help (Help->Help Index).  Also check the
README file as it has a blurb about it.