[Xastir] How do I do the map

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Sep 14 10:43:50 EDT 2004

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Johnny wrote:

> I have found usacntrl.gif and usacntrl.inf can just copy and past these
> to my /maps/usa folder and what
> about the usacntrl.inf how do i use inf2geo.pl to convert it to *.geo file.
>
> Can i do a homebrew map I have used UI-view in the past if i remember
> how to do it.

/usr/local/lib/xastir/inf2geo.pl name_of_map

For instance:

    /usr/local/lib/xastir/inf2geo.pl usacntrl

The script should create usacntrl.geo, at least if you have
Perl and ImageMagick properly installed.

Once you have that, start up Xastir, reindex your maps, and the map
should then appear when you bring up Map Chooser.