[Xastir] Soundcard Modem For Idiots?

J. Lance Cotton josecanuc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 16:20:16 EDT 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:07:11 -0400 (EDT), William McKeehan
<mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net> wrote:
> WONDERFUL - someone that seems to know something about this sound modem thing!
>
> If you have the patience to help me work this out, I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> Let's start with ax.25 support being compiled into the kernel.
>
> I think I have this done. Is there anything that I can do to easily confirm this?

If you are using Debian, then it's probably already there. I am not
sure how to tell. Try, as root, 'modprobe mkiss' and see if you get an
error or if the module loads. That will tell you if you have ax.25 and
mkiss compiled for your kernel.

> If you don't have time to help me out, I certainly understand.

It's no problem. I have the time. I've copied this back to the list
because one person's solution will undoubtedly be another's as well. I
don't claim to be an expert, but I've dabbled around with it a little
bit and can tell you what I've done.

-Lance KJ5O

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O