[Xastir] Sound/voice questions

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Sep 16 10:48:45 EDT 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Jason Hitesman wrote:

> On my Debian Sarge install I don't have 'vplay' 'play' 'auplay' or any
> other sound player that I'm used to.  I haven't done an exhaustive
> search yet to find out what is on there...but just changing vplay to
> play won't help for us Debian users.

Understand.  It probably would help for the majority of Linux users
though.

> I'm also still not getting my speech from Festival.  (Not that it
> matters since I'll have to stop using that when I get my soundmodem
> working!) I haven't changed any configuration, the festival server is
> still running and I can telnet to it and have it speak....and I don't
> get any errors from xastir.  But no voice :(  It was working before but
> a couple of CVS updates ago it stopped - I didn't notice exactly when
> because I had the volume turned down.

Again I ask:  What is the status of Festival support in CVS?  Is is
working for anybody?  Anyone else having troubles now with it?

We're getting ready to do a release, so it's important to know the
answers to those questions right now.