[Xastir] Circles around hurricane?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Sep 17 10:23:50 EDT 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Dick C. Reichenbach wrote:

> I don't have Xastir up right now.
>
> Are they actually rings?  Because I thought the arc component of the
> WXSvr spec wasn't defined or implemented yet.

It's defined in the APRS spec.  Chapter 12: "Weather Reports".
Section on "Storm Data".  Packet includes:

    Direction
    Speed
    Storm Type
    Sustained Wind Speed
    Peak Wind Gusts
    Central Pressure
    Radius Hurricane Winds (red circle in our case)
    Radius Tropical Storm Winds (green circle in our case)
    Radius Whole Gale (yellow circle in our case)