[Xastir] Connection failure popup?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Sep 17 10:52:15 EDT 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, KC7ZRU wrote:

> In the interim - maybe show us'ns out here how to get those pop-ups to
> stay in their respective desktops and not steal focus from what I'm
> working on <g>. Or even a boolean config option to *not* do that when
> I'm not involved in an APRS event.

Bugs me too, having the popups come up in any darn FVWM2 virtual
window that they feel like!

It wouldn't be all that many places to change in the code to make
the popups get redirected.  They're all done by one routine, so just
change that routine to write to a circular queue of strings (like
View->Incoming Data).  Then just need a dialog to show the most
recent 100 or so of them (again like View->Incoming Data).

We could later make more/most/all of the warning/error messages go
to that dialog as well.

I'd rather go that route than put in a temporary toggle to prevent
them coming up and the associated back-end and config code to go
with it.  Waste of time.