[Xastir] Festival and Weather Alerts ?

Brian D Heaton brian.heaton at janusresearch.com
Fri Sep 17 15:20:32 EDT 2004

Is it saying "Weather Alert" and the number or "New Weather Alert" and
the number?  I ask because this alert appears to be defined in main.c at
about line 10293.  The textual portion comes from SPCHSTR009.  In the
English langfile that is "New Weather Alert".

In the short term, what if we added another SPCHSTR of "Weather Alerts
Active".  That way on a new Weather Alert it could say --

"New Weather Alert.  22 Weather Alerts Active"

At defined intervals it could say --

"22 Weather Alerts Active"

I can whip up the first pretty quickly and the second after a bit of
thought.

			THX/BDH

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 15:58, William McKeehan wrote:
> I figured it out...that is telling me that there are some new alerts and the
> number is the new total number of active alerts.
>
> > On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, William McKeehan wrote:
> >
> >> I had not paid much attention to this before, but now I hear the weather
> >> alerts. I get a message that says something like:
> >>
> >> Weather Alert 8
> >> Weather Alert 23
> >>
> >> What is this telling me?
> >
> > Not a whole lot.  Seems like it should say something more.  At least
> > the state where the alert is happening.
> >

> >> Where can I go in Xastir to see the information from
> >> the alert?
> >
> > View->Weather Alerts.  Also if you have the proper Shapefiles from
> > NOAA loaded, you should see the alerts popping up on top of
> > your maps.
> >
> > --
> > Curt, WE7U			         http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
> > "Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown
> > "Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates." -- WE7U
> > "The world DOES revolve around me:  I picked the coordinate system!"

Brian D Heaton
Senior Network Engineer
Janus Research Group
(706) 791-8342
GPG Fingerprint: C99E 3E9C E23A 4E47 46F4 0A77 3A45 CB65 9E19 5B0A