[Xastir] ax25 nodes

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Sep 19 20:42:24 EDT 2004

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004, ke4lkq wrote:

> How does one make an ax25 node on a unix machine available to another machine
> on the same network?

Other than things like APRSD and other servers?  I don't know of any
way currently.

If you start up something that uses AX.25 kernel networking on one
box, it cannot connect to the AX.25 networking on another box.

It'd be akin to starting up a program that uses ethernet and
expecting it to use an ethernet interface on the machine across the
room instead of the local one.  In fact the AX.25 kernel networking
is very nearly identical to talking to ethernet interfaces, near as
I can tell.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer