[Xastir] ax25 nodes

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Tue Sep 21 09:01:03 EDT 2004

No, really pretty clear.  And the rocketport cards were pretty neat
technology for their time!

However, it's starting to sound like client-server time again.  What
we/you need is a series of integrated apps that can pipe
ethernet<-->serial (terminal server stuff), manage a weather station or
2, and talk to the xastir core app.  Is this closer to where you're going?

There is code out there that mimics the terminal server stuff.  I'm more
stupid this morning than usual, despite coffee, so I can't recall
project names, but for the serial-attached-to-ethernet stuff, they're
straightforward.  The 'TNC via ethernet server) should be a
straightforward hack.  control of serial devices Xastir doesn't
know/understand should be left to another app, and the results made
available by a daemon (IMO).

gerry