[Xastir] CVS update

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Sep 26 20:30:00 EDT 2004

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 05:11:07PM -0500, a Mr. Richard Feyler of Fort Lee, New Jersey <jj at aprsworld.net> writes 'Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna':
> > I'm not sure why "dist-bzip2" is added to the automake options in
> > Makefile.am, because it's not a valid option even for automake 1.6.3 ---
> > but that version of automake doesn't scream about it.  dist-bzip2 is
> > supposed to be a target in the resulting makefiles, not an option to
> > automake.
>
> I'd love to see dist-bzip2 be removed or fixed ... then it would compile
> cleanly on my debian boxes without having to modify the autoconf stuff by
> hand.

Since this is obviously an error in Makefile.am, I'm committing that change
and the underquoted AC_CHECK_GMTOFF problem.  I'll leave pkglib_SCRIPTS alone
until someone expresses an opinion on changing the installation location for
those scripts.  The changed Makefile.am, acinclude.m4 and bootstrap.sh
should be available in 5 hours on anonymous CVS.

Interestingly enough, though, when I downloaded and installed automake 1.9.2
and autoconf 2.59, I saw none of the errors that ha2vr saw, even in unmodified
sources.  Very strange.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
(1) Ignorance of your profession is best concealed by solemnity and silence,
which pass for profound knowledge upon the generality of mankind.
                -------"Advice to Officers of the British Army", 1783