[Xastir] Serial ata drives

Gerry Creager n5jxs gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Thu Sep 30 12:36:25 EDT 2004

Lots of MoBo makers for Athlon64/Opteron chipsets went with the NVidia
chips on the MoBos.  Drivers are either not there or not ready for prime
time.  That's been a problem.  My 1TB RAID system is on a K8N board, and
I've got several PCI cards doing things for me there.  Hopefully this'll
get worked out eventually.

Now: Interesting side:  I can now get SuperMicro 1u systems for Xeon
cheaper than I can Opterons and Athlon64s.  Thus, the next round of
stuff I buy will be Xeons!

gerry

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020