[Xastir] Anyone done a 64-bit compile?

Gerry Creager n5jxs gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Thu Sep 30 16:27:30 EDT 2004

James Jefferson Jarvis wrote:
> I did a compile multiple years ago on an ancient SGI Indigo2 box running an
> pre-historic version of Irix. Worked fine. I've also run it on UltraSparc
> boxes without any trouble.
>
> -Jim KB0THN
>
> On Thursday 30 September 2004 09:31, Richard Polivka wrote:
>
>>I am looking to do a 64-bit compile on an Athlon64
>>3000+ processor. Has anyone done this? If so, how did
>>it go. If not, I will let the list know how it
>>behaves.

{with ref to Jim's later e-mail}
The Indigos were, IIRC, 64bit but the libs were not similar to anything
we use today.  The Athlon64 and Opteron cores are closer to the Dec
Alpha than the Intel or Indigo cores.

I'll snag a copy from cvs and try it on my cluster.

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020
FAX:  979.847.8578 Pager:  979.228.0173