[Xastir] Anyone done a 64-bit compile?

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Thu Sep 30 16:31:30 EDT 2004

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, James Jefferson Jarvis wrote:

>> Linux or Solaris? Solaris isn't 64 bit userland yet. Linux can be if you
>> installed usparc rpms.
>
> Hrmm ... I guess it was Solaris. I wasn't aware that it wasn't 64 bit.
>
> Inserting foot into mouth :-)

Might be in Solaris 10, I should check. For older Solarii, you get only 64
bit stuff when you use the wacky isaexec stuff, which is e.g.
/usr/sbin/prtconf
/usr/sbin/sparcv9/prtconf
/usr/sbin/sparcv8plus/prtconf

(well, not prtconf, but other such things)

The normal binaries are assumed sparcv7 compliant, which means not 64 bit.
v8plus means you get the VIS instructions. (I think)