[Xastir] Snapshot question

Jason Hitesman jradio at hitesman.com
Sat Apr 2 15:08:42 EST 2005

Bennett, Joe wrote:

> Is there any good documentation that someone could
> point out that describes how to automate uploading the
> snapshot? Am wanting to do as many have, add the
> snapshot to a web page. Unfortunately, I'm not savvy
> enough to know what is the best way, and/ or
> understand some of the web pages I have seen that
> explain ways to do this.

I have apache running on the same machine that Xastir is on.  Then I got
a hostname though DynDNS since I'm on a dynamic cable connection who's
IP address can change from time to time.  They block port 80 where
webservers normally live so I set mine up on port 1313 instead.

Then I just have a little crob script that runs every 15 minutes or so
that uses convert from ImageMagick to convert the png over to JPG (I
also make a thumbnail sized version while I'm at it.) and once it's
created the JPG's it copies them over to the web root.

----
Jason