[Xastir] Change to RELAY digipeat function

Bennett, Joe remailer at ka3nam.com
Fri Apr 8 11:24:40 EDT 2005

I'm gonna agree with Gerry here. "Work arounds" are
only just that, the loopholes remain. IMHO fixing the
issues of rogue paths in an area can only be regulated
via the infrastructure itself. I'm open to other
opinions here, but years of dealing with cellular
networks leads me down this path. Yes, in cellular
networks we have more control over these types of
situations since I can tell a mobile, "I don't want to
hear from you for a while". That luxury is not
available to us. What we can do is look to coordinate
and develop the infrastructure needed.

My vote is for firmware algorithms to be developed to
handle channel congestion in the TNC. Additionally a
protocol developed for the software digis so they can
get a better idea on the channel conditions. Albeit we
cannot stop it all,

Just my $.02

-Joe

--- Gerry Creager N5JXS <gerry.creager at tamu.edu>