[Xastir] Change to RELAY digipeat function

Wes Johnston wes at kd4rdb.com
Mon Apr 11 11:07:52 EDT 2005

Two years ago at DCC I spoke with Shin Aota, _the_ programmer of the d7a
and d700.... and he was very interested in open trac.  One of his
grumblings was that he was out of code space in the d7a, and if he had
the option of opentrac instead of the bulky (code wise) mic-e format, he
could have added more features to the radio.  I don't know how far his
opinions get with kenwood management, but hey, the programmer was very
interested!  Another thing that caught his eye was the support for UTF-8
and therein - kanji.

Anyone remember the religious war of OT vs APRS from a year ago?  Who
had shorter packets, which could do more.... and it ended with "stay off
144.39".  You wood-a thought aprs was set in stone!  You know, I forgot
to mention back then that NMEA 2.0 wasn't compatible on air with most
APRS (ahem) appliances... we should also keep NMEA 2.0 dumb trackers off
144.39 too!!! [ducking].

Wes