[Xastir] Large Maps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Apr 11 12:05:00 EDT 2005

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Andrew Rich wrote:

> I have come across some large mosaic maps topographical maps for xastir.
>
> How does it (xastir) go with 660Mb image files ?

It should theoretically work.  If you could chop it up into small
tiles it'll work much better though.

Xastir keeps an index for your maps containing the bounding
rectangle for each map.  If a map doesn't fit in your viewport, it
is skipped during map loading.

If you have one large map, Xastir will have to run through the
entire file each time you pan or zoom.