[Xastir] New England feed down?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Apr 12 11:14:29 EDT 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Steve Friis wrote:

> All of this thread brings up a question in my mind. The default setup
> instructions for Xastir say to set up the "interface port" to firenet.us
> port 2023. Should I be using a different feed?

You certainly can.  2023 is a good one for the "wow" factor, as it
has the most traffic of any of the feeds anywhere.

You can go to 14580 on that server or the Colorado Springs Firenet
server and filter the feed to just what you want, you can go to
first/second/third/fourth.aprs.net, which are the primary inet
servers, or you can go to any of several second-tier servers or
regional/local servers.  There are a LOT of places to get a
connection.