[Xastir] fGIS for shapefile creation, any good?

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Wed Apr 13 19:46:51 EDT 2005

Tom Russo wrote:
> It does.  Check out the fGIS manual page at
> http://www.digitalgrove.net/Help/tools.htm#attributes

That was too straight-forward for me to find :-)  I guess I better think
through the design of the attribute dictionary before I have digitized
too much data to edit afterwards.

By playing around for a while I have come up with some assumptions on
shapefiles, can someone confirm or deny these:
   1) One shapefile can contain only objects of one type (point, line,
polygon).
   2) All objects in one shapefile share the same attribute structure,
but naturally different objects can have differing values for each
attribute.

I guess I'm again substituting this list for Google :)  I guess I'm on
the right track with this, thanks for the help.

   Tapio