[Xastir] georeferentiation of a map

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Apr 18 11:44:30 EDT 2005

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Alessio Sangalli wrote:

> Hi, I have an image that I would like to use as a map. I've already
> written .geo files so far, but this map is different. The data I have
> about it is:
>
> DATUM: WGS84
> PROJECTION: NUTM32
>
> Top Left
> X 500222.9
> Y 5094809.6
>
> Bottom Right
> X 509271.6
> Y 5087665.8
>
> How can I convert those values to write a decent .geo file?

Those numbers look suspiciously like UTM numbers.  If you know the
UTM zone as well, use the Coordinate Calculator in Xastir to convert
the UTM numbers into lat/long numbers, then put those into your .geo
file.

Xastir is not going to display that projection exactly though.
Xastir really wants unprojected coordinates.  If you're looking at a
small area it may be usable for you.