[Xastir] aprs data in a database

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Apr 18 11:51:37 EDT 2005

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005, Alessio Sangalli wrote:

> Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:
> > What specifically do you object to?
>
> I like hard, 8 character tabs, and:

That's great if you're in control of everyone and their editors and
can force them to use that.  Unfortunately different editors do
different things with hard-coded tabs, therefore when people work on
the code they have different ideas of how many tabs to insert in
order to get the code indented properly.  By switching to spaces and
specifying how many to indent by, we have a standard that actually
looks the same no matter who is looking at the code.

I personally use 2-character indenting in my own projects, and was
using hard-coded tabs as well until I changed my default VIM
settings to do spaces instead of tabs.  For the good of the Xastir
project I try to follow the recommendations just so that we have
consistency.

> if(xxx<yyy)
> {
> 	do things
> }
>
> imho (but very humble) I found it more clear.

Yea.  I like that better too.  Again though, I use the Xastir format
because it was mandated by the admin, and having consistency is
better than having it the way _I_ like it.  ;-)