[Xastir] Drawing shape over a map

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Apr 19 12:23:11 EDT 2005

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Alessio Sangalli wrote:

> Hi, I would like to draw some shapes (a path on some roads for example)
> based on gps data and show it over my usual (raster) maps. Any hint if
> this is possible?

Yes.  You can suck in a track from your GPS using Xastir & GPSMan.
This will create a Shapefile map if you have GPSMan and Shapelib
support built in to Xastir.

You can also create an object or item at the start position, then
drag it around the map to create the lines, then save the station's
trail.  That will also create a Shapefile map if you have Shapelib
support built in to Xastir.

There are also methods listed in README.MAPS for creating custom
Shapefile maps from scratch.