[Xastir] Compressed object positions?

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Mon Apr 25 19:12:21 EDT 2005

I just noticed that turning on the "send compressed posits" switch on
the main station configuration screen doesn't affect objects/items.
Objects seem to be always transmitted using the traditional uncompressed
location format. Is there a separate switch hidden somewhere else for
sending compressed objects/items or is it just not supported?

At least implementing it should not be a biggie. I guess it wouldn't
hurt to have a separate compression switch for objects/items and own
location reports, so one doesn't have to turn off compression altogether
if another piece of software handles compressed position reports, but
barfs on compressed objects/items. My TM-D700 seems to handle compressed
objects fine.

   Tapio