[Xastir] KISS TNC Issue

Bennett, Joe remailer at ka3nam.com
Sat Apr 30 16:29:33 EDT 2005

I believe that this has something to do with my Suse
9.2 upgrade since this worked just fine on 9.0. I am
running a KPC-3 Plus with Xastir using KISS on
/dev/ttyS1. Incoming packets are recieved just fine
and are even gated as expected. When you select
Interface->Transmit Now the "Sta" light on the TNC
blinks, but no TX. As a matter of fact the TNC never
TXs at all.

I've hooked the KPC-3 up to AGWPE on a Winders box via
KISS and Xastir can talk to it perfectly that way (rcv
& xmit).

As time permits I'll try to capture some data off the
serial port, but with the symptoms that I'm seeing
it's either a malformed KISS packet or the serial
port(s) are both gooned up....????????????????

Other ideas????????????/

-Joe