[Xastir] Using time field data in Xastir objects plus trail colour

James Ewen jewen at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 1 01:24:13 EST 2005

> Steve Dimse (the findu guy) has talked about this many times, and
> has convinced me that he's right:  There are too many trackers out
> there that are using incorrect time values, plus even home stations
> are often way off.

But, if APRS clients used the embedded timestamps exclusively, people might
look at their equipment and get the clock synchronized to the rest of the
world. 8)

I'd like to see embedded timestamps be used first, with the option to
recieved timestamps if requested.

Watching balloon events via the internet can be challenging due to delayed
igating.

I joined one balloon event late, and used the 'Fetch Findu Trail' option to
grab the first portion of the track that I had missed.

Of course, doing so made the old packets interleave with the packet being
received in real time. This makes for a real interesting trail on the map.

James
VE6SRV