[Xastir] Installing on YDL

Bruce, KQ4TV xastir at bwm.us
Thu Feb 3 10:42:10 EST 2005

Thanks, Curt. That did the trick. Even after over 10 years of using
linux some of these things throw me. I must have looked at the possible
lib* RPMs to install and never made the connection. Xastir now runs
through configure and makes just fine.

However, (you probably knew there would be a however)
when I run xastir I imediatly get an error:

xastir: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/local/lib/libgeotiff.so: R_PPC_REL24 relocation at 0x0e84ebf4 for
symbol `_TIFFfree' out of range

I ran:

  ./configure --without-geotiff
  make
  make install

and now it runs fine, sans the geotiff capability.

Any thoughts?
  Bruce, KQ4TV