[Xastir] Weather Alerts

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Feb 5 00:47:14 EST 2005

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 09:15:19PM -0800, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <archer at eskimo.com> flavor, containing:
> On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Clay Jackson wrote:
>
> > I just copied the shapefiles for counties, turned on Display Weather
> > Alerts, and although xastir says we have two advisorys (snow in the
> > mountains, finally); I'm not seeing anything on the map.
> >
> > Does the display only trip when the alert first arrives, or am I doing
> > something stupid?
>
> Need Shapelib support compiled in.  Also need to put those things
> into your Counties directory.  Can't remember whether you need to
> index maps, but I don't think so.
>
> If you zoom or pan and alerts are visible, it should display them.

A few weeks ago I fixed a mistake in some dbfawk files that prevented
wx alerts to show up when zoomed far out --- this showed up when I fixed
the shapefile handling to respect the display_level variable for polygons.
If you're running a version of xastir from after the fix to map_shp.c but
before the fixes to the dbfawk files, you'll only see wx alerts when zoomed
in closer than zoom level 8192, I think.  Current CVS and the latest
stable release would have it correct, though.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1
 "When life gives you lemons, find someone with a paper cut."