[Xastir] xastir on a bootable/runable CD?

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Thu Feb 10 17:03:57 EST 2005

I'm looking for a n easy way to stick xastir on a windoze box,
preferably temporarily.  What I had in mind was a cygwin+xastir install
on a cd (or dvd) or one of the bootable linux cd/dvds with xastir ready
to go.

Either way I'd need to modify it so that xastir had my map set and a
config for a TH-D7 on a serial port.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to get our students balloon-chase
ready.  They always show up the morning of the launch trying to figure
out how to get APRS+SA working on their personal laptop.  I'd like to
hand 'em a disk and say "use this".

I know I've read the SAR guys discussing this, but I can't remember the
answer...

thanks,
Jason
kg4wsv