[Xastir] cross port digipeat

Wes Johnston wes at kd4rdb.com
Mon Feb 14 08:36:29 EST 2005

KC4PL is my local digi/igate, and we're in the process of setting up a back haul
link for mic-e postions from the local 2m repeaters.  He's added a 2nd ax.25 TNC
to his station and has the port open in xastir.  RELAY digipeat is enabled and
I'm hearing digipeats from my positions when I'm mobile on this 2nd port.  The
problem is that xastir is not transmitting the posit it hears on this port to
all other ports.  So my packet transmitted on this alternate frequency/tnc is
never heard on 144.39.

My understanding was that xastir would transmit any elligible digipeat packet on
all TX enabled ports?  Is this correct?

Of course if this were true, I'd be hearing everything digipeated on 144.39 on
the alternate freqency too come to think of it!

He's running the latest CVS version.

Wes