[Xastir] Findu Trails in 1.4.2

Tom Tessier ttessier at trtdigital.ca
Mon Feb 14 22:20:43 EST 2005

Hello,
This is on the 1.4.2 with rtree on in Cygwin 1.5.7-1 (version from
setup.ini) running on a 2.8 GHz Pentium 4 in Windows XP Professional.

After 5-7 requests for Findu trails for stations, Xastir enters some sort of
state where it uses all of the available CPU, 80-99%. After a number of
trials, I found that Xastir would do this from as little as 3 requests to as
many as 15 requests. I let Xastir run for about 20 minutes one time at "full
CPU" and it did not stop. It was in some sort of loop, evidently. I was
requesting the "example" trail of K4HG-8, with various start times and
lengths. This happened most often with long trail lengths, 30+ points, like
that.

One way I did find to stop this behaviour was to delete .xastir/tmp/map.log
before each trail download. After I got to about 40, I got tired of
repeating this...no problems.

Any ideas?

-Tom
de VE4TRT
P.S. The large shapefile I used takes about 10 seconds to load...with rtree
on, it's only about 2 seconds per pan. That works great!