[Xastir] Bad Path warning problem

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Feb 16 13:39:35 EST 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Tom Russo wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 12:55:00PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <gdwrbw at ftc-i.net> flavor, containing:
> > Just noticed a little glitch in the warning that pops up for "bad"
> > patchs.  I put in a path of Wide2-1 and it complains about the path
> > being bad.  The last time I looked Wide2-1 was less than Wide2-2!
>
> Xastir expects "WIDEN-n" to have N==n.
>
> WIDE2-1 is intended to be what a WIDEN-n digi turns WIDE2-2 into after
> its first digipeat.  If you only want one hop, WIDE1-1 is expected.

All true, but WIDE2-1 is also legal.  It's an unusual thing to need
to use, but it is a legal path entry.  About the only time I'd want
to use it would be to get around some weak filtering rules for
digipeaters (in very special cases), or to test digipeaters/other
software.

We really should accept it as valid.

Please add it to the bug list on SourceForge.