[Xastir] Help setting up XASTIR node

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Feb 19 18:54:16 EST 2005

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, Andrew Rich wrote:

> Hey I have the opportunity to access cable internet and put in a digi in a
> really high place.
>
> How do I configure XASTIR to pass traffic back to the net and only pass
> forward "VK4*" data ?

You enable igating in both directions.  It should only pass messages
through to RF, and only if the TO callsign in the message has been
heard on RF within the last hour.

You could also configure it to pass weather alerts through, but I
don't know if you have them available for VK-land, so that's
probably not an issue.  If you were to want to do that though,
there's a file that you edit to specify which callsigns to pass
through.

> Or should I use aprsd ?

Might be a better idea.  That's a daemon instead of a client
program.  I'm not sure how stable aprsd is these days, but more than
likely it's pretty good.  I think Chuck Byam contributes to that
project, so he should know.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer