[Xastir] Profile

Mark A. Lewis mark at siliconjunkie.net
Sun Feb 20 19:26:11 EST 2005

Typing cd by itself takes you to your home dir. It will not create a
file.

You have a couple options on the path thing.

One is to edit the .profile file in your home dir 'nano .profile' or
issue the command "export
PATH=$PATH:/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/bin"
Which only only remain effective until you log out.

The best thing to do is to put that path in your .profile which is
loaded each time you login.

Note: This applies to Linux itself, but cygwin should be similar.