[Xastir] Basic Maps for Xastir

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Feb 22 14:13:37 EST 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Jason Winningham wrote:

> Is there an easy way to convert shapefiles to APRSdos format?
>
> There are basic maps that I assume are public domain at
> nationalatlas.gov, so we could conceivably convert some of the basics
> to APRSdos format and have maps that do not have distribution
> restrictions.
>
> What do other APRS clients do for default maps?  Ignore APRS+SA, et al.

UI-View came with a few default images.

I assume APRSdos and WinAPRS/MacAPRS come with a few maps, but they
have their own map formats also (ones that we understand).

PocketAPRS I think had separately downloadable maps, in it's own
format.  That's a special case though as memory is at a premium, so
you don't want any maps on there that you're not using.