[Xastir] Basic Maps for Xastir

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Thu Feb 24 07:57:34 EST 2005

On Feb 24, 2005, at 6:47 AM, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> If we're gonna think of distributing US-based maps that have to be in
> the open, what about starting with the National Weather Service's
> shapfiles for states, counties, cities and roads?

One of the assumptions I made, but I don't think anyone has stated yet,
is that the preference would be for maps that can be used with xastir
compiled bare - no extra support packages like shapelib, etc.

I think that's a good set of maps; that's why I asked earlier about
shapefile to APRSdos conversions.  You described my main set of maps
for views above zoom level 90 (below that I use TIGER shapefiles).

-Jason
kg4wsv