[Xastir] Basic maps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Feb 24 12:02:54 EST 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, John Kraus wrote:

> Here is what Bob actually said in reply to my email asking the status of
> the maps.
> ++++++++++++++++
> From: "Robert Bruninga" <bruninga at usna.edu>
> To: <flyfisher452 at cox.net>
> Subject: Re: Dos Maps
>
> No problems, use them fine
> for all amateur purposes.
> If someone makes a commercial version,
> and makes big bucks, then I want a piece
> of the pie <grin>
> Bob

Right off the bat that's a problem.  There are people using Xastir
commercially, as in selling it to the government or to private
companies and making a profit from it.  The GPL license allows that,
so I have no problem with it.  Distributing maps within the Xastir
sources that didn't allow such enterprises would then be a problem.