[Xastir] audio alarms

Massimo Corinaldesi mc6041 at mclink.it
Thu Feb 24 16:32:53 EST 2005

In mandrake noatun resides into /usr/bin and (previously) played correctly all
the Xastir alarms. A strange thing for me is no errors messages arose from
nowhere: nor from Xastir and nor from kde. Nor the player starts at all.
Following your hint, I downloaded wavplay a commandline player/recorder but,
one more time, nothing happens.
I'm starting to think something changed into Kde. But I don't figure where.
Are there some other tests I can do ?

                                   Massimo

Alle 23:29, martedì 22 febbraio 2005, Curt, WE7U ha scritto:
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> >     cd /usr/local/share/xastir/sounds
> >     /opt/kde3/bin/noatun bandopen.wav
> >
> > Should result in audio being played.  Check your mixer settings to
> > make sure your volume is set properly.
> >
> > Put this into the configuration dialog:
> >
> >     /opt/kde3/bin/noatun
> >
> > On my systems I have "/usr/bin/play" instead.  I don't have an audio
> > output device to test it with at present to make sure the current
> > Xastir does audio properly.  Can someone else shed some light on
> > this?
>
> It looks to me like "noatun" is a graphical application, and it
> might wait for you to press the play button in this case.  "play" is
> a command-line application and just plays the sound file immediately
> and then exits.
>
> --
> Curt, WE7U.   APRS Client Comparisons: http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
> "Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown

--->   Massimo Corinaldesi I0MCF
       http://www.ziomassimo.it