[Xastir] network cygwin install

Tyson S. timbercutter at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 24 23:25:15 EST 2005

I installed CYGWIN and full Xastir on a windows 98SE 200 Mhz 96 megs of
RAM machine this weekend, it seemed to work ok, the computer has always
given me trouble with freezing and crashing loooong before any Xastir,
but after 4 or 5 reboots I could usually get Xastir to run all day
long. I finally gave up on the stupid computer and ripped the hard
drive out of it. I will probably run the rest of the computer over with
the D6 Caterpillar we have at work. I have since installed the hard
drive into a pentium 166 with 64 megs of RAM and although the operating
system works great now, I can not get the Xwindows BASH thing to start
so Xastir can be started.

=====
Check out my APRS digipeater:
http://map.findu.com/FIELDR