[Xastir] network cygwin install

Tyson S. timbercutter at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 00:51:27 EST 2005

--- Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
> > I have since installed the hard
> > >drive into a pentium 166 with 64 megs of RAM and although the
> operating
> > >system works great now, I can not get the Xwindows BASH thing to
> start
> > >so Xastir can be started.
>
> Can you start the non-X bash window using the regular cygwin icon?
> That
> shouldn't be anywhere nearly the memory pig that X would be, and it
> should
> work if your cygwin installation isn't broken.
>
> If so, try issuing a "startx" command from that window and see if
> there are
> any useful error messages displayed.

Holy Crap! This is why we need lists like this and people like you. The
green non BASH icon made the hard drive churn and stew for a bit but
fired right up! I then issued a "STARTX" (no quotations) and after some
more boiling sounds from the hard drive that colorful bash looking
thing fired up. I issued an XASTIR command and it started running too!
so it's on now at:

http://map.findu.com/N7ZMR-2

I am only using the dos looking map, but it's cool. How do I send a
message through the Internet, no TNC? Is it "I" like UIVIEW? or am more
reasonable "TCPIP"???
> --
> Tom Russo    KM5VY     SAR502  DM64ux

=====