[Xastir] new error

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Feb 25 22:08:12 EST 2005

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 05:44:22PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <jfkraus3 at cox.net> flavor, containing:
> I seem to have gotten CVS working.  Gale and Curts advice worked.  Now I
> have the crashed at the ./configure step.  I will post the config.log on
> my site at in case the paste below gets garbled.  I would cut just the
> important part if I knew where to find it.
>
> http://kc4zgq.com/config.log
>
> configure:4381: checking for X
> configure:4487: gcc -E -I/usr/local/include  conftest.c
> conftest.c:33:27: X11/Intrinsic.h: No such file or directory
> configure:4493: $? = 1
> configure: failed program was:
[...]
> configure:4601: result: no
> configure:5760: error: *** No X11!  Install X-Windows development
> headers/libraries! ***

This is the important part.

You don't have the X development headers installed.  This is usually
a separate package from the rest of X --- it contains the header files
and libraries needed to compile X programs, whereas the base X packages
in most distributions only contain the servers and other programs needed
to *run* X programs.

I don't know what that package would be called on your system.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1
 "When life gives you lemons, find someone with a paper cut."