[Xastir] greenhorn aleart HELP!

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Feb 27 20:26:35 EST 2005

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, George Shaw wrote:

> Folks please help a newbie.
>
> I run Mandrake Linux 10.1 and am having real trouble in compiling xastir.
>
> I cant find gcc or cc when I run ./configure

Did you install the GCC compiler when you installed Mandrake?  If
you have no development environment, you can't compile programs from
source.

> Are there any binaries for mandrake 10.1 about? Or can anyone help in plain
> simple English please.

Sure, we can do that.  Just have to switch gears a bit.  hi hi

You need to bring up your Mandrake package install tool, whatever
it's called, and install GCC.  You might just want to leave the
package install tool up and running 'cuz more than likely you'll go
through an iterative process, installing a few more things here and
there, before you'll have Xastir compiled to your liking.

The first step though is to get GCC installed.  You'll also need the
X11 development package, whatever its called.  If the description of
the package talks about "Xwindows" or "X11" and "header files",
that'll be the one you need.

I believe there are people running Mandrake on this list, so they'll
probably help with more specific info, but we'll all do our best to
help.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer