[Xastir] Re: [aprssig] linux to agwpe (fwd)

Wes Johnston wes at kd4rdb.com
Mon Feb 28 15:19:55 EST 2005

Yes, I've run xastir this way.... using AGWPE on a windows box and running
Cygwin/xastir on the same box.  Works fine.  As a matter of fact, kc4pl and I
just installed xastir on a winxp box at the Columbia SC NWS office this past
weekend.  AGWPE is talking to a kenwood d700 in kiss mode, and monitoring 4
channels of audio via two sound cards installed under windows.

They have 3 voice rigs in the ham shack and the d700.  Each of the three voice
rigs is hooked to a line level input on the PC (2 sound cards).  That way if
anyone TX's a mic-e packet over one of the skywarn repeaters, the PC will catch
and display the packet.  They are using xastir b/c of the tiger maps and WX
radar overlay ability.  All of this allows them to see the location of a WX
spotter in relation to a storm.

Wes