[Xastir] Intermittent internet connection

Stuart L. Morris yahoo at crossover.uk.com
Mon Jan 3 08:14:15 EST 2005

Here's a challenge for the new year...

I'd like to use Xastir running on Linux to igate RF to Internet for a
mobile application where there are no fixed digis. Because it will be
mobile we will be using GPRS/GSM to make the internet connection.
Because GPRS is billed by the megabyte and this system will be running
24hours a day for a week I don't really want Xastir's internet interface
to be up and receiving all the incoming data all the time.

Ideally I'd like Xastir to only bring up the internet interface when a
valid packet is received on the local RF interface.

Any ideas or is Xastir the wrong tool?

Thanks

Stuart
M1XTN