[Xastir] Print and/or screen dump

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jan 3 13:44:17 EST 2005

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> > > I think you're onto something there:  With an SuSE 9.0 system with
> > > all the latest Online Updates patches applied, neither of those
> > > functions (printing/snapshots) work.
> > >
> > > Something broke, most likely the XPM stuff as it's used for both
> > > functions and like you said has had some major security problems
> > > fixed lately in various libraries.  Consider these bugs verified.
> > > Added it to the bug list.
> >
> > With the mods described by Tom Russo earlier added in (to report the
> > error more fully), I get these messages when I attempt to print or
> > do a snapshot:
> >

> >   ERROR writing /home/archer/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.xpm: XpmOpenFailed
> >   ERROR writing /home/archer/.xastir/tmp/print.xpm: XpmOpenFailed
> >

> > The XpmWriteFileFromPixmap() function has changed on us, as it used
> > to work fine but now returns an error every time.
>
> A quick Google search found this:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/xmakemol-bugs/2004-11/msg00001.html
>
> So you're not alone.

Another bit from the same search:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/xmakemol-bugs/2004-12/msg00000.html

And yes, we pass the absolute path of the file to the call.  We'll
have to change how we do this now in order to make this stuff
functional again.

I _hate_ API changes.  Of course, it's not ImageMagick doing it to
us this time, but still...