[Xastir] Smart RELAY digipeating

BDonnell at ar-northwest.com BDonnell at ar-northwest.com
Wed Jan 5 12:14:54 EST 2005

I think SOME TNC's can be configured to communicate the status of the CD line.  However you still have the delays imposed by transferring the entire packet to the computer (and that has to be allowed for) and transferring the entire packet from the computer back to the TNC.  If the RS-232 data rate is fast, say 19200 baud or faster, the delay is pretty small, but still present.

If the duplex state of the TNC isn't modified, or alternatively, the p-persistence, to make the TNC very aggressive, then the TNC can still add in significant delay.

Curt and I had an off-list discussion some time ago (a year?) about adding 6-pack into xastir, for this very reason.

Bob, KD7NM